The Environmental Appeals Tribunal Preliminary Hearing for the Nestle Hillsburgh water taking permit is February 21st at 10am in Hillsburgh. Anyone interested in attending can come to the preliminary hearing and express their interest in participating in the full appeal that will be scheduled in the next few weeks. Nestle is appealing the renewal of their permit as they object to mandatory conservation measures to take less water in times of drought. The Wellington Water Watchers and the Council of Canadians have signed up to have party status and will be represented by the esteemed environmental legal organization Ecojustice. Preliminary hearing will be held in the George Root Conference Room, 5694 Trafalgar Rd Hillsburgh.
- Saturday April 26. Rotary Forest, Earth Day Tree Planting
- H2O GO Festival Saturday March 22, 10 – 4
- San Francisco Just Became the First Major U.S. City to Ban the Sale of Plastic Water Bottles
- Upcoming FREE webinar: Protecting the Human Right to Water
- Invitation: Ready, Set, Go! Using Gamification to Advance Community Resilience